Ina Garten’s Divine Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Shrimp scampi is a classic Italian dish that has become a staple in American cuisine. This delectable seafood dish is known for its rich flavors and buttery sauce. While there are many variations of shrimp scampi, Ina Garten’s recipe is widely regarded as one of the best.
Ina Garten, also known as the Barefoot Contessa, is a renowned American chef and television personality. Her recipes are known for their simplicity and elegance, and her shrimp scampi is no exception.
To cook like Ina Garten and recreate her divine shrimp scampi, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound of linguine or spaghetti, cooked al dente
These simple ingredients come together to create a symphony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
Here’s how you can prepare Ina Garten’s divine shrimp scampi:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until they turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and let it simmer for a minute or two, until slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Stir to combine.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and cook for an additional minute to heat through.
- Serve the shrimp scampi over cooked linguine or spaghetti.
Ina Garten’s shrimp scampi is best enjoyed fresh and hot. The combination of the succulent shrimp, fragrant garlic, and vibrant lemony sauce is simply irresistible.
Tips and Variations
To elevate your shrimp scampi to the next level, here are a few tips and variations you can try:
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor. Look for shrimp that is firm, moist, and free of any strong odors.
- Experiment with different types of pasta. Ina Garten suggests linguine or spaghetti, but you can also try fettuccine or angel hair pasta.
- Add some extra vegetables to make it a complete meal. Broccoli, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes are great options that pair well with shrimp scampi.
- For a healthier alternative, you can substitute the pasta with zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top for an added burst of flavor.
Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, Ina Garten’s divine shrimp scampi recipe is sure to impress. The combination of fresh ingredients and simple flavors creates a dish that is both comforting and elegant. So channel your inner Barefoot Contessa and cook like Ina Garten with this delicious shrimp scampi recipe. Buon appetito!